Friday, February 26, 2010

Longest run of my life…for now!

I ran 17 miles last Saturday! I can hardly believe it! It was really hard and I was in pain during and after the run. However, seeing the gate at the end of our run never felt so good. It was the most beautiful gate I have ever seen. Hahaha! I ran with 2 girls this week and we kept a pretty good pace together. We only stopped to use the bathroom once and fill up on fluids. I have to say the Gatorade they had at the water stop was terrible. It was pink and as Sarah said it tasted like laundry detergent. I think I'm going to bring more of my own Gatorade from now on and just fill up with water at the stops. It was nice running and chatting but running for over 3 hours means you can run out of things to talk about. We tried really hard to keep the conversations going to pass the time. In the end we all made it and were really proud of our accomplishment! Wow 17 miles is amazing. Until you have done it you can't really understand but trust me its crazy!

 

Tomorrow we are running 20 miles. That is exciting and scary all at the same time. My body has done 17 so what is 3 more miles right! I am hoping for a really good run. I think it will mentally prepare me for the full 26.2. I am also craving the excitement that will come with race day! Only 3 more weeks to go!

 

My quote for this weekend's run is going to be from Isaiah 40:31. I love the way the Message Bible reads this particular verse. "But those who wait upon God get fresh strength. They spread their wings and soar like eagles, they run and don't get tired, they walk and don't lag behind."

 

I'm almost to my goal but you can help me reach it and surpass it. Please help me by making a tax deductible donation at: http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/shamrock10/ashaff
Thanks for helping find a cure for blood cancers!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment