Monday, December 21, 2009

Temporary Home

Temporary home by Carrie Underwood…I love the words to this song. It makes me think about the lyrics when they say, “this is my temporary home not where I belong.” It’s so true that we are only temporarily here and that what we are created for is to live with God forever in eternity. However, we were also placed on this earth for a temporary amount of time. The question becomes what are we doing with that time we have been given? I feel like there are so many things I want to do in life and at one point I felt restricted by the responsibilities of life. I felt like I never had enough money or resources or time to invest in something truly meaningful. I think I have started to give up on that concept. I have started to take a step no matter how small and see how big it becomes. I took a step of faith with raising money for St. Jude and The Leukemia & Lymphoma society and then I hope to take another step of faith and go to Africa next year. It seems like a lot all at once but if I can continue to do this just think of what all of those small differences could do. My hearts desire is to make a difference in this world and touch someone’s life…even if that means in my own town. I don’t want the things that I do and get involved in to put the spotlight on me at all. This is me just doing what God has called me to do and it’s the people that are being touched that mean the most…not how I contribute. I love this passion he has given me to make a difference and I was worried that I didn’t know how to use that. However, he has continued to open up doors for me to do my part. What an amazing feeling! God is the one making these things happen and I am just making sure I am in the right place at the right time. I continue to give him the glory through it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment