Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Wonderland

So I think I have finally caught up on my blog. I'm pretty sure that's not how it works but I wanted to get some of that out there to share the memories!

This weekend we had a major snow storm. I am not really a snow/winter weather kind of person...give me a beach any day! However, I really enjoyed the snow this time around. We got about 20 inches of snow which never really happens in the DC area. The good news was that we got out of work today so that made me happy.


I went to Katie's on Friday and got stuck in the storm so my car sat at Katie's fro a few days! We ventured out in the snow using Katie's 4 wheel drive a couple of times which meant we did a lot of shoveling! It does get annoying but I had fun with it. The kids in the neighborhood had lots of fun making snow men and just playing in the fluffy snow! Since we were stuck inside for most of the time we did some holiday baking. It was fun making lots of cookies and other goodies but I'm pretty sure I licked too many spoons! :) Sometimes I think God sends us these big storms to tell us to slow down and just enjoy life a little. I haven't had a lazy day to just chill and watch movies in a while so that felt really good!


I finally got my car out of the snow and made my way home Sunday afternoon. It was a little scary driving in the snow and sliding around but I made it. I got a few things done around the house, went for a little run on the treadmill, then hung out at my neighbors house for the evening.

Unfortunately, the storm forced us to cancel our marathon training on Saturday. I have tried to do a little running but it is very hard with all the snow and ice. I am not a huge fan of running on the treadmill but I guess it will have to work for now. I will be ready to get back to the real training soon.

Well, as you all know this Friday is Christmas! I am sooo excited for the Christmas day festivities and time with my family!

Remember to enjoy every moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment