Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

Looking back on the holidays I am happy to have so many fun family memories. This truly was a great Christmas with my family. I was able to go home for a few days and hang out with everyone.

Christmas Eve I ran the Matteson Trail while my mom and Jackson walked. Towards the end of the run I went back and took Jackson for a run. He did really well so I might take him for a run again. That night I went to a candle light service with my mom and grandma. Then went over to Wes and Lindsey's to hang out and play a little wii.

Christmas day Wes and Lindsey came over for breakfast and presents and then we all went to my aunt's house for lunch and a gift exchange with more family. It was so fun to watch Ethan open his gifts and play with them. That little guy is getting so big! It was a great day with lots of family! I was happy that with all of the food I don't think I over did it.

The kids...me, Wes, and Lindsey ready for the big day!


Josh and Jesse enjoying Christmas!


I almost forgot that grandma got a snuggie...that was the best part of my day! I knew someone in our family would end up with one of those crazy things!


Ethan playing his guitar for great grandma!


Ethan loved his new toys!


Lindsey loved her new dvd's!


Toys Toys and more Toys!


Josh with his new mountain bike tire...boys ask for the most random gifts!


The Saturday after Christmas we had to run on our own for the Marathon training. It was scheduled as a 6 mile run but I only ended up running about 4.5. I felt like it was a good run so even though it wasn't the full 6 miles I think I did well. I haven't been keeping up with my running like I should over the holidays but I am getting back on track again. I am determined to run this marathon so watch out I'm getting ready to put in the big miles!

Tonight we had our second ice skating fundraiser at Pentagon Row. It was fun hanging out with some of the girls but it was freezing cold!

After the fundraiser I came home and went for a run on the treadmill. I didn't do very much but I was glad to run a little bit. I promise I will get more miles in (that was for me)!

No comments:

Post a Comment