Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Surprise That Melted My Heart

Oh wow! Words can not even begin to describe how grateful I am for such wonderful friends and family. I was going out for a surprise night out with Katie and Jordan to celebrate the big 2-5! Yes, I turned 25 yesterday and I have actually come to terms with it. It is just a number and I am truly enjoying my life! Anyways back to the big events. They picked me up from the metro and started driving south. They told me we were going to a restaurant reserved for special occasions so I just went along for the ride. After going south past Woodbridge I started to wonder. Where in the world were we going…just for dinner! Well we ended up at the Melting Pot in Fredericksburg. Lucky for them I didn't think about there being one closer to where we live! It was funny because I told Chris at lunch that I didn't know where we were going and he asked me where I would want it to be. I told him I would like a Japanese Steak House or Fondue (the Melting Pot). I was very happy when our reservations where for fondue! We went inside and Katie and I went straight to the bathroom while Jordan was being seated. As we came out of the bathroom the host told us to turn around to go to our table. I slid into the booth and who came in beside me??? MY MOM AND DAD!!! They drove up to Fredericksburg to meet us for dinner. I truly haven't been that surprised in a long time…I'll be honest it brought a few tears to my eyes! I had a wonderful time talking, opening presents, and eating amazing food! I will brag on the spinach and artichoke cheese fondue and the bananas dipped in milk chocolate. I did enjoy the rest of the meal but those two were to die for! After dinner we had a little photo op and then headed our separate ways. I had such an amazing time and wouldn't trade these people for the world. I love you guys!

 

We turn not older with years, but newer every day.

- Emily Dickinson

 

I'm excited to say I am running my first endurance event with The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! Please help me reach my personal goal of $2,000 by making a tax deductible donation at: http://pages.teamintraining.org/nca/shamrock10/ashaff.
Thanks for helping find a cure for blood cancers!

No comments:

Post a Comment