Thursday, May 5, 2011

All Smiles

Day 2 - Meaning behind your blog name
 
I came up with "Smile for the World to See" because for most of my life I have had people comment about how much I smile. When I was younger I was very self-conscious about this and thought it might not be a good thing. So the crazy girl that I was at the time decided that I should try not to smile. I know I was young and still had some learning to do.
 
Well, I am not sure when this changed but at some point I realized that my smile was a gift and it was okay to share it. I love to smile and I feel like when I do I get the chance to maybe brighten someones day. It seems like Americans in particular tend to take life way to seriously. We all have something we can smile about so I think we should focus on those things. 
 
One reason I smile is because I have experienced love. The love of my savior Jesus Christ, the love of my amazing family and friends, and the new love I have experienced with the man of my dreams. Each form of love is vital to my life and I know that my life would not be the same without it! I have been learning a lot about love over the past few months and today I read another blog post at Surrendered and Untamed that continued to challenge me! So check it out!
 
Health and Fitness
 
You know those days when you just feel healthy and feel like your clothes are fitting just the way they should, making you feel great? Well, today is a feel great day for me. This week I haven't counted calories (since I have done it for a while I know about what is in most things I eat) but I have been conscious of what I am eating and have had a good workout every day. Last week I consumed way too much candy/sugar so I felt like I had blown it. However, after being focused this week I stepped on the scale this morning and to my surprise I was the same as the last time I checked. I am okay with that because I haven't really been trying to lose weight lately, just maintain. I still have 10-12 lbs to go for my goal weight but I know with consistency they will come off the healthy way!
 
Like I said before I am running an 8k in a couple weeks so my workouts have been focused more on running. Last night I tried a new interval workout on the treadmill. It was really hard and I will admit I didn't fully get it down but I did push it as hard as I could. Here is what last night at the gym looked like:
 
5-4-3-2-1 Treadmill workout
5 mins @ 6.0 mph
4 mins @ 6.5 mph
3 mins @ 7.0 mph
2 mins @ 7.5 mph
1 min   @ 8.0 mph
 
3-2-1 Treadmill workout
3 mins @ 6.0
2 mins @ 7.0
1 min   @ 8.0
 
Warm up and cool down walk on the treadmill. 7 mins on the elliptical and an abs workout.
 
 
Quote of the day
 
"Make wise choices!" ~ Dave Shaffer
 
My dad used to say this to me before I left the house. It didn't matter where I was going or for how long, he always reminded me and I love him for that to this day! It is something that will stay with me forever! Thanks for your wisdom dad!
 
 
What makes you smile?
What good advice has been passed down to you over the years by a parent or mentor that you will never forget?

No comments:

Post a Comment