Monday, May 9, 2011

The Best Parents in the World!

I have decided that I am not going to plan on blogging on the weekends. If I find a little time to squeeze it in then great but I'm not going to push it. I treat my weekends like mini vacations each week. I try to soak up as much fun and rest as I can so that is exactly what I did this past weekend!
 
Remember how I said I needed more sleep. Well Saturday morning rolled around and apparently my body decided it wanted as much rest as possible. I had plans to meet my friend Christi for lunch and ended up sleeping until 11:45! Needless to say I rushed out the door pretty quickly. As soon as I got outside and realized how beautiful it was I was a little bummed that I slept through most of it! That's okay, I made up for it the rest of the day and had a good time. It was nice to catch up with Christi and then I headed over to hang out with Katie and Jordan for a bit.
 
That night J and I went to a little park up the street and walked around for a bit. It was so good to just get away and enjoy nature and each other's company. We talked about a lot of different things and ended up running into a family that J grew up with. It was definitely fun to talk to them and enjoy the park. After the park we went out to Red Hot & Blue for some dinner. I was so hungry by that point so anything sounded good. Our plan was to grab dinner and then go see The King's Speech. We ended up being an hour early for the movie so we just sat and talked some more. The movie was so good and I would definitely recommend watching it if you haven't already...or watching it again! :)
 
Day 4 - Your Parents
How appropriate that I am on Day 4 of this blog experience right around Mother's Day weekend! I really do think that I have the best parents in the world! They have been with me and supported me through it all. Sometimes that meant letting me learn life's tough lessons and sometimes it meant having a fun filled day. I can't begin to describe all of the different ways they have been there for me but I do know that I am so grateful for such loving and godly parents. They have definitely left a lasting impact on my life and on so many others. I am so honored to call them my parents and my friends! I have learned so much from them and will continue to learn from their wisdom!
 
Quote of the Day:

"The best part of life is when your family becomes your friends, and your friends become your family." -Danica Whitfield

No comments:

Post a Comment