Friday, May 6, 2011

It's all about Love!

Last night was a fun night. I went out to the softball fields to watch our church league play their first couple of games for the season. My friend Casey is on the team and she is a blast! I just had to get out there and cheer her and the others on! It was fun hanging out with some friends and getting to know some new people. I think I will make this a regular part of my week...and I am not bad luck Casey!
 
So before I went out to the softball game I started watching some of NBC's new show The Voice that I had recorded on my DVR. I am so addicted to this show. I don't watch much tv at all and when I do it must be recorded because I don't ever see it when it actually comes on. I was so excited to finish the show that when I got home I just had to watch the rest before I went to bed. It was fun to catch up on and I'm starting to pick my favorites already. More to come on that in the near future...
 
Day 3 - Your first Love
 
I guess I got ahead of myself with yesterday's post on love. As you can see my first true love was my savior Jesus Christ! Without experiencing his true, unending, and unconditional love I never would have been able to experience the other types of love in my life.
 
I have experienced my first and only truly romantic love with my boyfriend Jordan. I think what makes his love so special is that I know without a doubt that he reflects my first true love, Jesus, in his love for me! 
The words in Janette's poem "I will Wait for You" remind me of Jordan. When I put his name in, it sounds like this...Jordan, when you speak I am reminded of Solomon's wisdom; your ability to lead reminds me of Moses; your faith reminds me of Abraham; your confidence in God's word reminds me of Daniel; your inspiration reminds me of Paul; your heart for God reminds me of David; your attention to detail reminds me of Noah; your integrity reminds me of Joseph; and your ability to abandon your own will reminds me of the disciples; but your ability to love selflessly and unconditionally reminds me of Christ! I can not imagine experiencing a love greater than this! It has truly been worth the wait!
 
Here are a couple links that I have enjoyed that focus on love...one is to a blog and the other is a spoken poem called "I will Wait for You" by P4CM Poet Janette (trust me it's worth watching).
 
Health & Fitness
I need rest! I have been working out hard lately along with my regular everyday work and life. Then on top of all of that I haven't been getting enough sleep. Well it finally caught up with me! Yesterday I came home and crashed for an hour. I know I could have slept longer but it was enough to get me through. I know that to be healthy I need to get more sleep and be on a more regular schedule so that is my new health goal.
 
Quote of the Day:
"Love is the accurate assessment and adequate supply of another person's need." Dick Foth
~ I heard Dick Foth say this in a sermon he preached at my church and I can't help but keep sharing it. One of my best friends Christy even used it in her wedding vows!
 
Anyone out there as excited about The Voice as I am? Who are your favorites so far?
How much sleep do you get a night? Is it enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment