Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Baby Sis...

Day 5 - Your Siblings

The girls definitely out numbered in the Shaffer household growing up...even the dog was a girl. But that just means we got away with a lot of girly things like fashion shows for my dad after a shopping trip (which we still make my dad watch). My wonderful sister Lindsey is about 2 years younger than me but most people thought she was the older one. We both had a little tomboy in us, playing outside a lot and climbing trees. However, Lindsey definitely was the more girly one of the two. I remember always looking to her for fashion advice and new trends. She has always been great with fashion, make-up, and hair! Sometimes I would come home from college and ask her to do my make-up before we went out.



I admire her strength in all that has come her way on life's crazy journey. She was able to work and go to school and in the middle of all of that get married to the love of her life Wes. She now has an excellent job and she and Wes are living in the beautiful home that they bought last year. Their happy little family wouldn't be complete without their baby dog...Sarge! Lindsey and Wes are the best sister and brother in law around. I have lots of fun visiting them!


Love you bunches Lindsey and Wes!

Quote of the day:

"Bless you, my darling, and remember you are always in the heart - oh tucked so close there is no chance of escape - of your sister."  ~Katherine Mansfield

No comments:

Post a Comment